In May 2011, I held my first solo exhibition entitled “WANDERLUST, our innate desire to wander, travel and explore the world”.
My WANDERLUST collection of birds and sculptures were meant to take people away. However, the stillness of the birds in the paintings is almost counterintuitive and asks us to take time for stillness. In an often demanding, overwhelming world of constant speed and stress, the birds give us a strategy to cope. WANDERLUST proposed to us that although we have the ability to fly to different places; we sometimes choose to stay and be still and, in that stillness, lies a kind of magic.
It was held in May 2011 at a pop up gallery located on Saint-Laurent Blvd. in Montreal. It was well attended by the public as well as gallery owners and members of the press. RSVP, Montreal’s Premier Society Magazine covered the event. Photographs here are by RSVP’s Chamsi Dib.
Some of WANDERLUST pieces are presently at The Judith Liegeois Designs Gallery in Naples, Florida. Liegeois Designs is a well-established interior design firm with 4,000 square feet of gallery space.
My work has also been exhibited at the famous Las Olas Fine Arts Gallery in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. It has been the primary venues for contemporary art for over 22 years, featuring original works by over 50 award-winning international artists.
Here is a list of selected group exhibitions:
- Midway Gallery San Francisco (2015)
- Art Basel Miami, Déja vu Decor Gallery, Miami (2012)
- Art Basel Miami, Del Toro Shoes, The Wynwood Building, Miami (2012)
- God Save the Queen, Foufounes Electriques, Montreal (2012)
- Salon Masse, Galerie Pangée, Montreal (2012)
- En Masse, Scope Art Fair, Miami (2011)
- BIG BANG, Montreal Museum of Fine Arts, Montreal (2011)
- Lancement magazine Décover #12, Saint Denis, Montreal (2011)